This website is no longer live 

As part of the changes to the NHS brought about by the Health and Social Care Act 2012, Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) and Strategic Health Authorities (SHAs) ceased to exist on 31 March 2013. Their responsibilities were taken over by Clinical Commissioning Groups and the NHS Trust Development Authority. 

For more details please see: or click on the links below.

NHS Commissioning Board

At the heart of the new health and care system making sure that NHS services deliver the best possible care for patients.

NHS Commissioning Board website

Public Heath England

Provides public health leadership and expertise, and works to improve the nation’s health and wellbeing, and to reduce healthinequalities.  

Public Health England website

Health Education England

Health Education England are responsible for the education, training and development of the healthcare workforce.

The Health Education England website

Department of Health

Sets objectives and budgets and holds the system to account on behalf of the Secretary of State.


Department of Health website

Trust Development Authority

Supporting NHS trusts to secure sustainable, high quality services for the patients and communities it serves.

Trust Development Authority website

NHS Choices

Provides information on conditions, treatments, local services and healthy living.


NHS Choices website

Most dentists are not NHS staff but are independent contractors providing their own staff and premises. Many dental practices provide services to NHS patients in Hampshire through contracts managed by NHS Hampshire.

For patients with special needs NHS services are provided by dentists employed by the NHS.

Looking for an NHS dentist?
The Hampshire Dental Helpine can help you find a dentist to provide you with regular NHS dental care. The helpline is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. You can contact the Helpline on 0845 050 8345 or 023 8082 8151 or visit their website.

Want to find out how much NHS dental care will cost?
Prices for NHS dental treatment are set nationally.  Further information about costs involved and how to get help if you think you can't afford treatment is available here.

Dental frequently asked questions
Orthodontic frequently asked questions
Dental emergencies
Patients with special needs
NHS Hampshire's role in improving dental health
Making a complaint
Look after your smile!

Local Information

Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs)

Made up of local GPs, nurses and other professionals are responsible for commissioning services for local communities.

Your local CCG's are
West Hampshire
North East Hampshire and Farnham
North Hampshire
Fareham and Gosport
South Eastern Hampshire

Commissioning Support Units (CSUs)

Provide professional advice and support to CCGs and other customers.

Your local CSU is NHS South CSU