This website is no longer live 

As part of the changes to the NHS brought about by the Health and Social Care Act 2012, Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) and Strategic Health Authorities (SHAs) ceased to exist on 31 March 2013. Their responsibilities were taken over by Clinical Commissioning Groups and the NHS Trust Development Authority. 

For more details please see: or click on the links below.

NHS Commissioning Board

At the heart of the new health and care system making sure that NHS services deliver the best possible care for patients.

NHS Commissioning Board website

Public Heath England

Provides public health leadership and expertise, and works to improve the nation’s health and wellbeing, and to reduce healthinequalities.  

Public Health England website

Health Education England

Health Education England are responsible for the education, training and development of the healthcare workforce.

The Health Education England website

Department of Health

Sets objectives and budgets and holds the system to account on behalf of the Secretary of State.


Department of Health website

Trust Development Authority

Supporting NHS trusts to secure sustainable, high quality services for the patients and communities it serves.

Trust Development Authority website

NHS Choices

Provides information on conditions, treatments, local services and healthy living.


NHS Choices website

Minor injuries units deal with health problems or accidents that are less serious or not likely to be life threatening.

Examples are:

  • Cuts and grazes
  • Sprains and strains
  • Broken bones
  • Bites and stings
  • Infected wounds
  • Minor head injuries
  • Eye problems, such as minor eye infections or scratches

Minor injuries units are open 365 days a year and you don’t need an appointment.

If you have a minor injury or health problem, you may get seen more quickly in a minor injuries unit than at an A&E department, where serious cases have to take priority.

Minor injuries units are not normally equipped to treat children under three years of age.

If you're not sure whether your injury can be treated in a minor injuries unit, telephone NHS Direct on 0845 4647 for advice. 

Minor injuries units (MIU) in Hampshire are at:

  • Andover MIU, Andover War Memorial Hospital, Charlton Road,
    Andover, SP10 3LB. Open from 8.30am-9.30pm. Tel: 01264 835218 
  • Lymington MIU, Lymington New Forest Hospital, Wellworthy Road, SO41 8QD. Open from 8.30am-9pm. Tel: 01590 663101
  • Petersfield MIU, Petersfield Hospital, Swan Street, Petersfield GU32 3LB. Open from 8am-8pm. Tel: 01730 263221 
  • Gosport War Memorial Hospital MIU, Bury Road, Gosport, PO12 3PW, Open 8am-9pm daily, Tel: 023 9279 4753 or 023 9279 4754.

Get the right treatment
Accidents and emergencies
999 – emergencies only
NHS Direct
NHS Walk-in Centres
Dental emergencies
Self care 


Local Information

Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs)

Made up of local GPs, nurses and other professionals are responsible for commissioning services for local communities.

Your local CCG's are
West Hampshire
North East Hampshire and Farnham
North Hampshire
Fareham and Gosport
South Eastern Hampshire

Commissioning Support Units (CSUs)

Provide professional advice and support to CCGs and other customers.

Your local CSU is NHS South CSU